The event under consideration was scheduled for the 5th-7th of October of 2017. It was a kind of a trade show, where plenty of well-known companies took part. EXPO was the 6th annual event in Italy and took place in Piacenza (the administrative center of the province). The show was organized at the exhibition center of Piacenza Expo. Among the visitors, there were:
- Hetronic Italy
- Ormet, etc.
One of the famous European companies in the sphere of abnormal transport Nooteboom was also among the participants.
The event was devoted to the following subjects:
- mobile and heavy cranes
- aerial work platforms
- port equipment, etc.
It was supported by the most influential industry associations, such as:
- Italian Association of Mobile Crane Hiring and Heavy Transportation
- European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes
- Italian Association of Heavy Transport Companies
- International Powered Access Federation
- Italian Association of Logistic Companies
- Port and Intermodal Operators.
Italian GIS: general information about the event
GIS EXPO is the only trade show taking place in Italy, which is organized especially for the handling, lifting, and heavy transportation operators. Lots of representatives of the sphere attend the event every year. The exposition is always carried out in the Piacenza Expo facilities in the heart of Northern Italy. The complex has the territory of 80,000 square meters. The available facilities include:
- 2 car parks (for the visitors and exhibitors)
- a conference center
- demonstration areas
- a gallery
- media corner for the representatives of the press
- a restaurant and two bars.
The programme of the show is quite diverse. It always includes presentations, demonstrations, reports, etc.
The organizers create the most comfortable working conditions in order to allow the participants building new connections and exchanging their knowledge and skills.