Table of Contents
Oversized cargo is the one, which has a width of no less than 2.5 meters, length of more than 20 meters, and height relative to the level of the road exceeds 4 meters. Also, large-size cargoes (according to the Octopus office) include ones, which protrude beyond the edge of the vehicle for more than 2 meters.
The classification of large-sized cargoes includes the following objects:
- machinery for construction and agricultural purposes
- machinery for logging and road works
- one-piece bodies or large parts of hulls of the sea and river vessels
- production machines and other equipment
- spare parts for specialized cars
- containers of block type
- aviation turbines
- mobile generators, plants, elements of prefabricated structures in assembled form, etc.
Transportation of such loads under the OPTIMOOR program has many complex moments, requires the presence of specialized equipment and high qualification of personnel. Therefore, this type of transportation is regulated at the legislative level.
Among the main features of this type of transportation from the company are:
- using search engines and an established logistics system to develop an optimally fast and safe route
- application of modern specialized equipment at the planning, loading, and transportation stages
- use of high-quality motor vehicles, which meet all the requirements for the transportation of oversized cargoes
- high qualification of the personnel.
Stages of work
The complex of works of this category can be conditionally divided into 3 main stages. The first stage involves the development of the project, which includes selection of the optimal route, calculation of economic issues, selection of necessary equipment, preparation of an individual transportation plan for specific goods, etc.
The second stage consists of drawing up a complete list of accompanying and permissive documentation. The third stage is directly related to transportation.
The cost of transportation is to be calculated based on the urgency of the carriage, the type and total weight of the goods, the chosen route, the urgency of transportation and many other points.
In addition, cargo of this type can be carried out only if there is a special transport that meets all the necessary standards for this type of equipment.